In accordance with the law of 19 March 2013 on Belgian development cooperation and the Royal Decree of 29 May 2015 on international partner organizations of the multilateral cooperation, the Belgian federal government concentrates its support to the following Geneva based international organizations :
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
- International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
The Permanent Representation takes a keen interest in the activities of these organizations. It attaches special attention to complementarity with priorities and strategies of the Belgian development cooperation. It takes part in donor coordination and participates in bi-annual bilateral meetings and multilateral board-meetings.
Further information on Belgian development cooperation, including our cooperation through multilateral channels is available here.